Plug & play messaging toolkit for your app/website
What does your startup do?
Applozic is a robust “Plug & Play Messaging” toolkit which enables in app or website messaging. We enable messaging and audio/video calling functionality in any app or website. IN SIMPLE, WE ENABLE “WHATSAPP LIKE CHAT FUNCTIONALITY IN ANY APP OR WEBSITE”. Businesses can simply leverage our messaging platform with no development or infrastructure overhead.
What is the market size and estimated amount of funding received in this sector so far or last year (whichever figure known)
We believe 20% of the overall app market will have messaging capabilities by the end of 2016, so lets say there are 10 million apps, so 1 million apps will have chat and assuming each app will pay $1000 a year to vendors like layer, applozic then we are looking at $1 billion opportunity. We have raised a seed fund of $100,000 in September 2015.
How and when did the idea strike you?
Me and my Co- Founder Adarsh used to work for a location based product, Azuga, where we simply used to ‘plug and play’ google maps, as you might be knowing companies don’t build their own maps, they just integrate google maps and that solves their purpose. It ignited then and we thought why can’t the same be done for chat/messaging? And, that’s how we have started off with our mission to bring real time communication to every connected application. With Applozic, we address problems like:
* Building your own chat/messaging system
* Save your users/customers from navigating to other apps like whatsapp, hangout, skype, etc.
* Reduce cost by replacing SMS/Phone calls.
Who are your competitors?
How is your product different from your competitors?
* Negligible setup time
* Customizable UI
* No server infrastructure required.
* Great support: We don’t send long list of instructions to read for integration, instead we help companies in quickly integrating over skype call or remote connection within an hour.
What are your plans for next year?
* Sales team in US by Q2 2016
* Unity SDK for game developers to integrate messaging feature.
What was the biggest challenge in your journey?
Getting initial customers without any external funding.
Tell us something about the co-founders
* Devashish Mamgain (Co-Founder & CEO)
Education: B.Tech (CSE) from Hemwati Nandan Bahuguna Garhwal University. Work Experience: 6+ years of experience in Software Development, Worked for Webyog, Xora and Azuga Telematics. One of
the early engineers to join Azuga, built the team and developed the product from scratch.
* Adarsh Kumar (Co-Founder)
Education: B.Tech (CSE) from West Bengal University of Technology. Work Experience: 5+ years as Software Engineer at Xora and Azuga